Crystal Industry developments
The wellness market in the world was worth $4.5 trillion in 2019 , and is predicted to grow to $6 trillion by 2025. Crystals are believed to be worth more than $1 billion in that total.
The latest trends in crystals include:
- The number of people who view #crystals’ views reached 7.5 billion people on TikTok at the end of 2021 proving their popularity among the younger generation.
- Popular crystals to buy include Blue Apatite, Citrine, Black Obsidian, Malachite, and Red Jasper. The most sought-after crystals are Amethyst, Jade, Quartz and Garnets.
- Many famous people are avid crystals fans, including Adele, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Victoria Beckham.
- Swarovski Crystals and Touchstone Crystal have set the standard with the creation of crystal jewelry and ornaments.
There are also issues for crystal companies that include:
- Concerns over the environment related to the mining of gems and crystals could affect the mining industry. Crystals are not renewable resources and workers involved in mining are often underpaid, dangerous, and often younger than. Many crystal sellers do not reveal their sources because of this controversy.
- Media reports suggest that the hype surrounding Crystal Healing is nothing more than a ploy and that there is no scientific evidence to support these claims.
How much will it cost to begin an enterprise in crystals?
The initial costs for starting crystal businesses are between $2,700 and $6,400. The biggest expenses include an online presence, your initial inventory, as well as packaging and shipping supplies. You can sell your crystals via websites such as Etsy as well as Amazon instead of having your own website.
|Start-up Costs||Ballpark Range||Average|
|Establishing a business name and a company||$150 – $200||$175|
|Permits and licenses for businesses||$100 – $300||$200|
|Brochures and business cards||$200 – $300||$250|
|Website creation||$1,000 – $3,000||$2,000|
|Initial inventory||$1,000 – $2,000||$1,500|
|Packaging materials||$200 – $300||$250|
|Total||$2,750 – $6,400||$4,575|